Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving Day Update

On this Thanksgiving day, my family has so much to be thankful for. First and foremost we are thankful for an awesome and loving God that has continuously wrapped Chris and our family in his loving arms. We are so very thankful for a son, brother, nephew, cousin and friend who continues to fight minute by minute so that next Thanksgiving he will be around our family table enjoying a heaping pile of stuffing and turkey. And, we are thankful for all of our family and friends. Our family has truly been shown the real meaning of love and friendship, and we will never be able to adequately express to all of you how much your support has meant to us. We couldn't have made it this far without all of you.

Chris had a really great night last night. Throughout the night he steadily maintaied a blood oxygen level from 97-98 and all of his other vitals were good, too. Today, the doctor said his lungs looked the same as yesterday (but yesterday the doctor said they were looking better so that is good that there was no change). The doctors are no longer concerned as much about his pancrease or kidneys. The doctor continues to be concerned about the blood clotting. Please pray that the doctors can find that delicate balance with the heprin to help combat the clots.

The doctors have also started to lower the amount of oxygen that the oscilator is pumping. They brought it down to 95%. Please pray that Chris can adjust as the reduce the amount of oxygen.

8 comments:

  1. I will be continuing to pray Natalie. I was just asked by some of my out-of-state family about who Chris was that I had been asking prayer for. They and lots of my N AL family have added Chris and you all to their prayer lists. Yes, we want Chris to be eating that Thanksgiving Dinner next year and for years to come!!! Miss Gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. As we said our Thanksgiving blessing today we thank God for all our blessings and that He would continue to give Chris the strength to fight. I hope you all are resting as much as possible. We look forward to Chris being well for next Thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete
  3. God is an awesome God! I pray for Chris and the family everyday. I also pray for God's healing power for Chris. Be strong. Be encouraged! God bless you all. ~Evone Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you, praying for you, holding you in our hearts, checking the blog frequently, wishing we could do more to support you, sharing Chris's story with friends and family far and near. May God bless you. All our love, Chris and Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Lord is so Good! I'm praying for Chris and your family everyday, and you all have certainly been on my heart today. We continue to pray for Chris' healing! God Bless ~~ Debbie Fortune

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's great news! Thank you so much for your updates. My prayers continue for Chris' healing.
    Love,
    Debbie Boone

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for the good news. I'm so glad that he is showing great signs of improvement. He has been in my thoughts today, I hope that you, Lauren and your parents had a good thanksgiving together, it doesn't matter where you are as long as you are with your family! I know Chris is so thankful for ya'll and for being by his side. I have never met you or Lauren but know so many stories that Chris has shared about ya'll and how much he loves you both and your parents.
    Farris

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad to read the positive update tonight. Don't we all have so much to be thankful for? Great to meet (all!) of your family yesterday. Remember if you need anything, please let me know. (You can leave a message on my blog.)

    Praying for continued healing,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete