Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I apologize for just now updating. My mom and I arrived at the hospital recently for our shift.

Chris is still hanging on. He is such a fighter!! The doctor said that his pneumonia is looking better so that is good news. However, the blood clots still present a major problem. The doctors and nurses are doing their best to keep the blood clots in check and to maintain the delicate balance with the heprin. When my mom and I left at 5am his blood oxygen level was at 80. It had hit as high as 98 while I was visiting with him. This morning his blood oxygen levels have been around 76. I will update again soon after my parents have gotten another report from the doctors.


This morning one of my dad's friends called to let us know about an article in USA Today. Here is the link:

http://content.usatoday.com/topics/post/Letter+to+the+editor/620002787.blog/1

What an inspiration this story is to our family! We are praying that like the guy in the article above, Chris, too, will pull through this.

4 comments:

  1. What an inspiration to read the article, I truly believe Chis will pull through this also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natalie, I am standing in agreement with johnandlinda that Chris will come through and have a story to tell to the world. Psalm 41:3 The Lord sustains him on his sickbed; in his illness you restore him to full health. THANKS BE TO GOD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The story of the young man was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read the article. I believe with the support of his family and the power of prayer he will pull through

    ReplyDelete