Monday, November 16, 2009

Nov. 16 @ 5pm

Chris has developed acute respiratory distress sydrome (ARDS). There is not a drug that can treat it, but the pulmonologist is treating it by finding different ways to supply Chris with oxygen. The ventilator is still pumping most of the oxygen. His blood oxygen remains at 97 which is very good. My parents have changed pulmonogist. The one we had before was doing a good job, but the new one was suggested by several people, and he is very well respected in the community.

Chris will also be receiving another drug to help treat H1N1. It has been approved by the FDA and could possibly help Chris more than the Tamiflu.

My dad said from here on out there will not be much to update on a daily basis because Chris has a very, very long road to recovery ahead of him. I will still continue to update the blog daily and whenever I receive any kind of news. We just need to pray that Chris remains strong and encouraged during this time and pray that his lungs heal. Also please pray that he begins to heal from ARDS.

8 comments:

  1. Natalie, thank you so much for maintaining this blog. I understand it will be a very long road to recovery, I will continue to pray for Chris and your family. I hope that even if there aren't any major changes that you will atleast update us every few days if you have a chance. I just hate to not know how he's doing. Farris

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will update at least once a day. THank you so much for your prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Natalie,

    I am one of Chris' Rivertown Adventure Club friends; I have not visited due to my exposure to others who are ill. I would not want to compromise Chris' health in any way by visiting, so thanks for keeping everyone up to date on his status. Please know he, as well as your family, are continually in my prayers and many others.

    God Bless,
    Tamika Nicholson

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Natalie, this is Stephen Stetson from Troy, an old St. Mark's friend. Thanks for the blogging. I had heard a few things through the church grapevine and folks from Troy through my Mom, but David Price sent me the blog link. Could you do a post about how this all started? What were the first symptoms? And also, could you post where he is in the hospital and maybe a room number so we could send some flowers or something?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Patterson Family-I've only spoken with Chris a couple of times-he participated in a fundraising event I hosted-but he left a tremendous impression! Super great guy! He and your family will be in my prayers!

    Blessings,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Natalie, I'm keeping Chris in my thoughts, and am happy to read that he is making progress. All the best to you and your family. Appreciate the updates.

    Kindest Regards,
    Scott Stetson

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chris has a great bunch of Sigma Uncles that love Doug and are praying for Chris's complete recovery. Thank you for your providing this means of updating us on his status and more specific things to include in our prayers. BUIB

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Natalie. Please know tha Chris is in our prayers. I know he will pull through fine in spite of this major challenge. Positive thoughts and prayers make a difference as you know. You are a great Sis for Chris! Please let your Mom and Dad know that I would have called but couldn't find Doug's cell number.
    A Sigma brother and fellow Marine--Jack Davis

    ReplyDelete